Monday, November 07, 2005

Back from the Mainland

Well we got back Nov 3rd...but I feel like I'm just now waking up. I swear I've gotten 10 to 12 hours of sleep a night since I got back. Tonight is the first night I've been able to stay up past 8:30.

It was a good trip...I had a good visit with my grandmother and my kid got to get in some serious theme park time. The only thing I wish we did different was cut out Magic Mtn and go to California Adventures instead..or DLand again. We decided to not do Cal Adventures because we didn't want to rush our Dland time and my uncle has worked at Magic Mtn for years..so he got us in free. Good thing it was free cuz that place is horrible. It is so run down and dirty and all the rides kept breaking down. We waited in line for 2 1/2 hours to get on 'X' and after all that it broke down. Then another ride..Scream..was having technical difficulties while we were in line. I said forget it..not like I wanted my kid to go on it when it was having technical difficulties. Between all the waiting in line time and wanting to get out of there before it got dark we only made it to 3 rides.

Disneyland was great though. I stopped appreciating it when I was a teen, I lived right near Magic Mtn and it was all about the major rollercoasters. Now that I'm older I appreciate Dland again lol! It was sooo clean. Every inch of that place is landscaped to the T..from flowers and tree's to peppers, lettuce and artichoke plants. And Space Mtn is back and fast again..we went on that twice. I love that ride :)

At the end of the week my sister and her husband took thier son Kana and my son Cameron to Universal Studios. I really wanted to go with them...but I needed to spend some time with my grandma...so my mom and I stayed behind and watched grandma and my 2 year old nephew so the others could enjoy their day and not have to deal with the little one.

I've started posting some pics. I'm still behind on posting the ones of my freinds visit and our island adventures..so I will be mixing those in with my LA pics and recent ones as well. My sis got a new camera so she gave me her old one which was much better then my old digital I got bout 5 or 6 years ago. I never got a big card for it so I could only take a handful of pics at a time and then the rechargeable battery died. So now I am armed with a camera again :)

Jewelry picture taking goes much faster now too since I can take so many at once. I spent today taking a bunch of all the different simple styled earrings I have yet to put up online. I've gotten a few of them up today, along with some square coin pearls on gold filled ear threads. I'll be working on getting the rest of the earring pics edited and uploaded for the next couple of days. Then I've got to get ready for the Ben Franklin craft fair we will be attending on the 20th. I'm so unprepared for this one...but just won't worry about it. My cousin and freind will be sharing a booth next to us...they do beautiful painted glass items (island themed of course)...we were next to each other for this fair last year and had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Lizzy Pratt said...

yay! i'm glad you had a good time in cali. i was in boulder, colorado at the same time...i think that's probably the closest we've ever been to one another jme! hehe looks like everything went really well, and omg cameron's practically a grownup! :) will post some of my colorado pics asap and definitely hoping to pay youse all a visit soon...!