Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Infamous Jewelry Octopus - Beachy Hawaiian Style

I couldn't help myself when I found this mother of pearl octopus...we've all seen this creature used again and again in jewelry over the last several years. Mostly in different metals..though I have seen it gem incrusted..that one was gorgeous! I think he's such an interesting subject :)



In Hawaii we call the octopus "tako" though that is a Japanese word. You will find Japanese words used here and there quite often in Hawaii. The Hawaiian word for octopus is one that I never even heard living here..I had to look it up! It's "he'e" which would be pronounced "hay-ay" as 'e' sound is 'a'.



This Mother of Pearl Octopus Necklace is available for purchase at Jonara Blu Maui

Or if you prefer Etsy you may find it here: Octopus Necklace in Mother of Pearl - Maui Style

4 comments:

ChezChani said...

What a great necklace. I actually can't recall seeing octopus jewelry.

Jonara Blu Maui said...

you are the second person that has told me that today lol! I see it all the time online..now in person too..I will see gals wearing super cute necklaces. Try searching octopus jewelry on etsy and a ton of them will come up!

Unknown said...

Oh, Jamee - I love what you did with this! Really great job.

Jonara Blu Maui said...

Thank you Marjorie!