Sunday, October 05, 2008

Beach Glass and Marjories Cracked Plate Jewelry

I recently sent some beach glass pieces I'd collected over the years to and amazing jewelry artist and friend, Marjorie of Marjories Cracked Plate Jewelry She does amazing work with broken china and has recently added beach glass in to her line. I felt that my beach glass pieces had been ignored too long and deserved a better life! Marjorie waisted no time and has created some adorable pieces with them:

This is an earcuff..very beautiful and very hip!



and here is an adorable bracelet utilizing a few different shades of beach glass:



and here are a couple of pics of her specialty..broken china pieces..I love her work because it's such a different take on the fresh new 'vintage' concept of putting together age old items to create something new. Marjorie uses old china and the old art of crochet (if you noticed she crochets the wire necklace part)..her work has a very cool vintage appeal that is so popular in fashion right now.





If you are interested in seeing more beach glass jewelry check out Marjories shops...if she doesn't have any in stock at the moment be sure to ask her..I'm sure she'd make something for you! you can find the rest of her work here:

Marjories Cracked Plate Jewelry
Marjories Etsy Shop
Marjories Blog

And last but not least, Marjorie..here is that picture I was looking everywhere to show you..I finally found it!

I wanted to show Marjorie my 'attempt' at using my beach glass in a jewelry piece. This necklace was made and sold quite a few years ago. If I had to do it over, I would have used a larger bead above each pendant, but I loved the periwinkle color and how it played off of the green and blue glass so played a big part in my choice. I wasted soo much silver wire (didn't know about non-tarnish silver artwire back then) trying to make these and just never tried it again. Who knows..maybe I will try a ring or something. Marjorie..you are definitely an inspiration!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Jamee! Thanks so much for featuring my jewelry on your blog! That's very kind of you. And such a surprise. You put a smile on my face at the end of a not so great day. And knowing your time restraints, it's even more appreciated. It was such a pleasure working with sea glass straight from Maui. Thanks again for sending it to me. You definitely should give sea glass another shot. Your "attempt" as you call it was absolutely lovely - so colorful and unique. I hope to see more of your sea glass work soon! Thanks again. You're a gem. :-)

ChezChani said...

Marjorie does wonderful work and is an inspiration to me as well. I know the next time I see a broken plate I will stop in my tracks.
As for your attempt, that is really a stunning piece and you DEFINITELY should revisit that type of work.

Jonara Blu Maui said...

Thank you you guys..it was a fun necklace to make :)