Monday, October 27, 2008

Our Saturday at the Beach



Finally..we got out of the house! We've been stuck inside for so long..just trying to work through some health issues with our son Cameron. He was diagnosed with gastroparesis in August and then in September with eosinophilic gastroenteritus.



I don't remember the last time that I have been so aware of the wonderful ocean air...I've stayed away from the beach for very long intervals before..often letting a year pass in between visits. When I finally go again I don't remember being so aware of sound of the waves and the refreshing ocean air...sure I appreciate it always..but Saturday it was different.. I think we just REALLY needed it this time.

We went to Sprecklesville Beach. Here is Cameron when we first got out of the car...his first time out doing something other then doctors appointments in months and months. He's gotten really 'comfy' staying at home every day..didn't really want to go even, but we insisted it would be good for him.



I promised him just an hour..for lunch and to sit back and read..no pressure. We did our after lunch walk there too..it was such a nice change from the same walk around the neighborhood.



He even did a little exploring with his dad by the tide pools.





We probably stayed an extra hour..and after we stopped at my favorite health food store Mana Foods and picked up some supplies and some frozen yogurt to eat on the way home. Such a simple outing yet sooo very refreshing and very very much needed!

4 comments:

MaricrisG said...

I'm glad you all were able to go out and have some family time! (at the beach no less! lol!) I'm jealous!:) I hope Cam gets better and better soon. Hang in there!

Christina J. said...

That sounds like such a nice day. Sounds like it was just what you all needed.

Unknown said...

I'm sure that your day was just what the doctor ordered - for all of you. Nothing better than a beautiful day at the beach to pick up spirits. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy it together.

Jonara Blu Maui said...

It was really nice and appreciated more then the usual. Thats one good thing about this whole experience, we will certainly appreciate life more fully.