Friday, November 14, 2008

New Hand Painted Ceramic Tropical Flowers Bracelet

so I used to work w/ an artist here on Maui making these ceramic beads..litterally making them from the raw clay..rolling them as perfectly round as you can get them, letting them dry just a little..then poking a hole in the very center. Then we dry them the rest of the way and bake in a low fire kiln, paint w/ low fire glazes that enabled us to control the design unlike high fire glazes...3 coats of clear glaze over the design, fire in the kiln again and finally you've got yourself some gorgeous beads!



I have not worked with this artist friend in years and frankly I was very tired of painting these beads. I am trying to sell some of them off for a very good price if you are interested..they are in my etsy shop here. While I was going over them though and reducing the prices..these spoke to me and I decided to give them new life. I'll be putting them up in my shop soon.

Also below are some matching earrings I made for the beach wedding necklace I just posted yesterday.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I had no idea you ever made beads! Wow, they're beautiful. I checked out your Etsy store too and am blown away! I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out how to incorporate them into my designs. Love them!

ChezChani said...

Those beads are gorgeous, I love that bracelet!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous beads! And I love the bracelet you came up with! Nice work!

Christina J. said...

They're very pretty. You've given them new life. :)