Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weekend stuff

I planned to not touch my tax stuff this weekend..I worked so hard all week that I felt I deserved a break. But here I sit...working on tax stuff again..there is just so much to do. I literally drowned in receipts every year around this time. It's so overwhelming but little by little it starts coming together. The reason it's such a pain is that I fall behind with my bookkeeping for both my jewelry business and my husbands business (Offshore Window Tinting) every a lot of receipts need to be imput into the books. I never ever learn my lesson. I need to rest my brain though so I thought I'd add a post to the blog.

I don't have any new pics to share so I will share some of what my husband does for work:

here are just a few pics of the many things he does...

installs sunroofs

paints and repairs bumpers:

window tinting...

So not much going on this weekend... the family has been home sick. It seems everyone is getting this cough. I'm finally feeling better after 3 weeks..but still have an afternoon cough. Funny I'm coughing in the afternoons..our son is coughing at night so none of us can get to sleep and my husband wakes up at 6 a.m. coughing and wakes us all up. It's been very tiring! At least it's finally warming up and drying up..we had like 2 weeks straight of pouring rain. Now we really need to get out and soak in some healing rays at the beach. Hopefully next weekend.

Yesterday I made a big order of coin pearls from one of my new suppliers I was really excited about. They started having problems so I wasn't able to use them for a while. They made a move though and are now back in I hope this order works out. I'm really excited about these as I've never had this color of coin pearl before..I hope it's as teal green as the suppliers pictures shows it here..its hard to capture the true color on pearls. Thats why I take my pics outside preferably in cloud cover..if not on the edge of the shade next to the sun..but never full sun:

Also on Saturday I completed the last 2 of 5 special orders I've been working on over the last couple of weeks. I should have gotten pictures of them today..the weather was so nice..but I forgot. So I will do that in the morning and send them off to my customers for final approval.

Hubby worked on the yard all day Saturday. It looks so nice. The drought had gone on for so long there were big dirt sections in our lawn. But now with all this rain finally it's really over grown. It looks nice all freshly cut..but I have to say I do love all the dandilions and other wild flowers that show up when it's overgrown. We have the cutest little raspberry skittle colored wild flower poofs that grow out in the grass. I don't know what they are..but I love them. Amazingly a lot of my plants came back after the drought. A lot of my potted flowers that my husband has bought me over the years that we had planted in the ground all made it. :) 2 of my 3 gerbers died though..and my pink carnations died. They were strange though..just kept spreading and growing leaves..but never anymore flowers. Also our red impatiens in the front yard died..hubby just replaced them all for me with pink ones.

I hung out inside to finish some custom orders. I watched some old Babylon 5 tv shows on the computer at In2TV - AOL Television . They have a lot of old funky tv shows you can watch for free. I go through and watch them sometimes when I'm tired of listening to music while I bead...just another background noise as it helps me to focus. I made 3 pairs of cute earrings but 2 are with gold and I'm out of gold ear wires. So today I made more orders for that kind of not so fun stuff to spend money on...findings...which are things like ear wires, head pins, clasps..etc. That stuff adds up big time!

I've got another bracelet layed out with paua shell, amazonite and labradorite with Hill Tribe silver...a combo that I love to do..but this time I'm toying around with putting in some white coin pearls and other white nugget pearls. Not sure yet if I will keep it that way.

Then I started feeling guilty about playing and rembered how BADLY I want to finish all this up by the end of I got back to work. If anything...all this bookkeepign makes me appreciate getting back to jewelry making all the more. I've got 1/2 an hour before I hit the sack..hopefully I can reach the bottom of this pile sitting in front of me!

1 comment:

Christina said...

The pearls look pretty in the photo. I hope you're happy with them when they arrive.

I hope you are all feeling better soon! My son and husband have both been sick, but so far I'm still well.

It's nice to hear about flowers and green grass. Today our high is supposed to be 10 degrees. When I look out my window all I see are piles of snow. And we are supposed to get 3-6" of snow tonight.

I'm looking forward to spring!