Saturday, August 02, 2008

6 Things about me

Wow! It's hard to believe in all my years of blogging I've never been tagged before...but now thanks to Clara at Mama C, I've finally been tagged!

Here are the rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged you
2) Post the rules on your blog (this is what you are now reading)
3) Write 6 random things about yourself (see below)
4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them
5) Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

6 Random Things About Me:

1. I love sci fi. Sat on my dads lap as a baby watching the old Star Trek shows with him and I guess it stuck.

2. I'm actually a "Valley Girl" born in San Fernando Valley, CA. Moved a lot after that though. We moved to Maui 16 years ago.

3. Superman is my hero :)

4. I started beading when I was 8 years old. One of my favorite things to do with my beads was to pour my seed bead mix into the long lime green shag carpet in my room and lay there with the radio playing as I used a beading needle to 'hunt' for the lost beads. My brother soon got the fever too and would join me in my strange little game. I would get so upset when my mom came in and vacuumed!

5. I cut my own hair as well as my son and husbands hair.

6. I loved to fish and camp on the mainland as a teen. I miss it very much.

Not sure how interesting that was..but the instructions said "random", so those were some random odd facts about moi ;-)


I am tagging:
Tina at Belle Adorn
My sis in law Kim at Simplicity
My sis Kim (yes two Kims!)at Aihara Visuals
Elayne at ChezChani Handmade Jewelry
Marjorie at Marjorie's Cracked Plate Jewelry
Sarah at Wake up and Live

I know we all have busy lives, so no pressure to do this. This is just for fun but it's also a good way for your blog visitors to get to know just a little more about you :)

Have fun!

8 comments:

MamaCta! said...

Thanks for doing this. It's always fun learning things about people, and I enjoyed reading your six things. I was surprised to learn that you are a "valley girl!" I grew up in the east end of LA County. So we're both So. Cal gals! Now I'm out in the IE (Inland Empire)of San Bernardino County.

I checked out all the people you tagged-beautiful blogs, beautiful jewelry and photography!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness - I've been tagged!!! How neat!! Thanks, Jamee. 6 things about myself, huh? Hmmm, going to have to give this some thought. lol Nice to find out some new things about you. By the way, I cut my own hair too. :-)

Unknown said...

How fun! It's my first time being tagged too :) I only wish I could cut my own hair! I posted mine on my blog if you want to take a look :)

ChezChani said...

Just found out I've been tagged today. I will get something up and get some tagging done on my weekend. Need to put some thought into it.
Interesting random facts about you. I am not from the valley but lived there for almost 20 years.
Odd game you had with your beads and your shag carpeting, what does your therapist say about it?

Belle Adorn said...

I got mine done finally! Had to do it in parts...

Lesley wrote and told me she already has hers done. She was fast!

It was fun looking at the different people you tagged. I would like to check out their tags too sometime soon.

Do you HAVE a therapist? LOL! Um, that would be me! and you're mine too.

I can't think what on earth that would mean, other than a kid finding some way to entertain herself, ha ha ha...Elayne is a crack up. :)

Jonara Blu Maui said...

Oh yeah..I have no real therapist..probably need one though lol! Tina, you are probably the closest thing I have to one lol!

I don't know though..I just remember the 'hunt' to find little beads was really fun :)

MaricrisG said...

This is cool. Now that you've been brandished with the tagging game, you're gonna be in my Tag list. I'll let you in on a secret: I have 3 outstanding tags that's collecting dust in my draft file! :) I should really let them loose. Lol! and you'll be getting them soon...*evil grin* - btw, have you been following SBG? did you get to the episode where they got to earth?

Corra said...

LOL I've got this too!!!