Friday, August 22, 2008

Another Close Encounter

We had another close encounter besides the Koi fish while staying at the Grand Wailea. It was our last day, we were done swimming and heading out to our car for our hour drive back home. This egret landed on some bushes along the walkway and did not move as we stopped and watched. I actually had time to get my camera out and snap some pics.



At first I was not as close...so I took that shot and we watched for a while. But then we needed to get going so we kept walking and the bird didn't move..infact he was walking closer towards me as he walked along the top of the bushes. So I stopped right in front of him and took a few more shots. He looked at me....


then turned...




and flew away...



It was so cool! A fun note to end our little mini vacation on.

9 comments:

Christina J. said...

What a neat experience. And you got some great photos.

Unknown said...

Oh, he's absolutely beautiful!! What great photos. You should put them on Flickr. There are so many nature groups over there that would love them.

Anonymous said...

Pretty tame little bugger, wasn't he? Sounds (and looks!) like a very nice vacation!

MaricrisG said...

Wow that is just pretty! I had a close encounter with a blue heron but he was very cautious and didn't let me take a good picture. ANyway, thank you so much for sharing your little "tear-jerker" story with me. I'm feeling a little better. My siesta saturday is also up, if you have the time, come join me. :)

MamaCta! said...

Wow, it seems that wildlife is not camera shy around you at all. Those were great shots. I have lots of wildlife shots(my kids) but I'd like to get more of the other kind, too!

Jonara Blu Maui said...

It was a really cool experience..any close up peek at nature is always fun. I am always seeing these birds from so far away. They love the sugar cane fields after they have been burnt for harvesting so we see them all the time, but I never knew they had the tuft of peachy orange colored feathers on thier chest and crest.

Mamma C that is so funny! I have a lot of shots of my 'monkeys' as I call them, my son and all my nephews.

ChezChani said...

Wonderful pics, I just love the colours. My mom is afraid of birds and I am wary, but he looks fairly harmless.

Unknown said...

How cool is that?! :) What a gorgeous bird!

MaricrisG said...

I have two awards for you. Please come get it :)